The AAA Board is calling for Expressions of Interest from interested AAA members for the Education and Training Committee (ETC).
Under the Charter from the AAA Board, which links into the strategic plan, the ETC role is to develop education policy and strategy with a primary focus to:
- Identify and monitor AAA’s education and training needs.
- Develop strategies to provide relevant education and training.
- Ensure consistent and relevant education and training.
The ETC membership represents key stakeholder groups including members, subject matter experts and educators. Whilst we prefer a committee made up of all the above this is not essential. We encourage any member to apply where they have a desire to actively contribute to this important area of the AAA.
The Board is seeking to appoint up to 4 members to this committee.
Selection criteria will include:
- Educational background (qualifications desirable but not essential)
- Relevant education and training experience
- Team player
- Volunteering ethos and in a position to commit time and effort
- Sound ethics with the ability to be objective and make decisions in the best interest of the industry
- Approachable with excellent communication skills
- Understanding of alpaca industry
- Access to email and available for teleconference meetings every 4-6 weeks
If you are passionate about the alpaca industry and can contribute to the committee, please contact the AAA CEO, Amanda Olthof for further information.
Expressions of Interest for positions on the Education and Training Committee, including a short outline of relevant experience, should be directed to Amanda Olthof (firstname.lastname@example.org) by close of business 27/4/2020.